97% of people regard their workplace as a symbol of whether or not they are valued by their employer.
Walls, carpets and furniture all matter. They may be mundane objects but each one of our office environments has a massive and measurable impact on how we perceive and carry out our jobs. It doesn’t matter if you work for a huge multi-national or a small start-up.
In 2003 Management Today and the British council for offices explored the effect office design has on performance and uncovered some interesting things. We’ve already shown you one, but here is the full list of our top 8 favourite facts.
1. A ‘sterile’ office can reduce productivity by 15%
2. 1/3 of workers were ashamed to bring clients to their offices
3. 65% of workers say that they would consciously improve their performance if their offices were made more comfortable.
4. Only 37% thought their offices were built with people in mind
5. 97% of people regard their workplace as a symbol of whether or not they are valued by their employer
6. The physical workspace is responsible for 24% of job satisfaction
7. Good office design drastically reduces absenteeism.
8. The interior design effectively communicates to staff, clients and visitors the company’s story and brand through an experience.
These findings have destroyed the old-school logic that offices are entirely ‘functional’ and need no investment other than the basic ‘essentials’. Employers are now investing in engaging spaces and taking advantage of interior graphics to specifically get the best out of their dedicated team.
As with all things there is a cost associated with implementing a design rebrand but the author of the BCO journal helpfully said this of cost:
‘Cost doesn’t destroy value, but investment in design creates value through economy, productivity, portrays positive branding, motivation and staff retention, knowledge and skill, innovation and creativity, responsiveness to business and technical change, culture shifts, customer attraction and retention, optimisation of total occupancy costs.’
The enticing return on investment described above shows how fundamental effective office design is and the importance of implementing it well.
Vinyl branding graphics are a cost effective method of radically transforming a workplace environment into one that achieves these organisational goals. Our workplace interior graphics can be customised to all specifications and design styles as well as being produced on the best materials that make them durable and fit for purpose. So what’s not to like?
What’ve we learnt?
- Your office environment matters and has a significant impact on you and your colleagues
- Creative office-branding project doesn’t have to cost the earth and can be completed to any budget
If you would like to know more about office branding, corporate interior graphics or wall graphic treatments and how they can be installed in your office, chat to the Vinyl Impression team today
Phone: 01342 311858
2003 management today- ‘The relationship between office design and performance’
British Counsel for Offices (BCO)- ‘Good and effective workplaces can increase performance by 11%’
Colourful Office: http://www.glubdub.com/detail/modish-amazing/modish-amazing-office-interior-design-1392x707-pixel-interior-19942.html
bland office: lawfirmsuites.com